Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Batter's Box

Baseball is such a great sport.  I had the opportunity to play baseball as a child.  My eleven year old son is playing again this season.  I enjoy watching the game being played.  There's something special about watching teams of youths giving such great effort to play.

Many baseball movies are successful because of this same theme.  The main character may be in a slump or the team may be struggling going into the post season and someone mentions the idea of play.  The person or team suddenly remembers how the game can be fun and success is inevitable.


All of us can really do the same.  In my situation, an elementary school administrator, I sometimes think of the great memories of my childhood school.  It helps me remember how certain adults were always there for me.  I also remember that I wasn't always such an angel either and use my moments with children wisely teaching them how to make good choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment